Uganda’s cases of COVID-19 have moved to 63 after two more people tested positive for the novel coronavirus, Dr. Henry Mwebesa, the Director General Services has said on Wednesday April 22 night.
He said that of the 63 cases, 45 had healed and discharged whereas the others were still under treatment.
The two new cases confirmed today; a 43 year old Tanzanian truck driver who is a contact to a previously confirmed case and a 35 year old Tanzanian truck driver who arrived from Tanzania at Mutukula border.
He said both patients didn’t show signs.
To date, eight truck drivers (one Ugandan, three Tanzanian and four Kenyans have tested positive for CIVID-19 in Uganda.
Out of these, 2 truck drivers (one Tanzanian and one Kenyan) had already been repatriated for their respective countries for treatment, the Ministry said.
All these have been added to Uganda’s tally according to new amended statistics.
Uganda continued to record good gains in the fight against the spread of the novel Coronavirus as seven more patients were discharged from Entebbe Grade B hospital on Wednesday April 22 evening.
The development brings Uganda’s total recoveries to 45.
Those discharged were handed certificates of recovery by junior Health Minister Robinah Nabbanja at the Mulago Hospital and Entebbe Grade B where they had been admitted.
She said they will now undergo psychosocial support before being reintegrated back into the community.
All first patients who fully recovered from the coronavirus were treated using the controversial hydroxychloroquine drug that is yet to be approved by the World Health Organisation, according to Dr. Henry Mwebesa, the Director General Health Services at the Education Ministry.