The Ministry of Health on Wednesday confirmed five new cases of coronavirus in Uganda bringing the total number to 14.
Minister of State for Primary Health Care, Dr. Joyce Moriku Kaducu on Wednesday said that two of the five cases are Chinese nationals while the others are Ugandans.
All the first nine confirmed cases are Ugandans who are said to have been infected from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Ugandans, this is a very critical moment for everyone as the number of
positive cases keeps scaling up. Five more people have been confirmed
positive, including two of the six Chinese that were got in Zombo. They
cannot be presented in court for fear of further spread,” Dr Kaducu
announced through her Twitter handle.
So far, we have 12 Ugandans and two Chinese who have tested positive for the virus.