Kakumiro-Kakumiro district covid-19 taskforce has launched a manhunt for a 30 year-old man who has been tested and confirmed to be covid-19 positive.
The Kakumiro district covid-19 case is among the 16 confirmed cases from 3,455 samples tested yesterday.
The Kakumiro Resident District Commissioner, Apollo Mugume while speaking to our reporter on Thursday narrated that the victim who had come from Kasese with intentions of starting a non-government organization in Kakumiro town council, was last week subjected to a test by picking his nasal swab samples after the taskforce got suspicious.
After taking his samples, the victim chose to self-quarantine.
However, Mugume says that the taskforce is now hunting for him.
He adds that the victim has put off his telephone contacts something which is making it hard to trace him.
He calls upon community members who might have come into contact with him to offer themselves voluntarily for testing.
Robert Senteza the Kakumiro district health officer says Kakumiro district is now a high risk area where everyone is at risk of contracting the covid-19.
He has called upon the general public to cooperate and positively respond to activities of health workers to curtail the further and rapid spread of the virus.
The Ministry of Health has confirmed 16 new COVID-19 cases from 3,455 samples tested on Wednesday June, 24, bringing the total number of cases to 821.
The News Editor ,Reporter at Kagadi Kibaale community Radio